Jan Rippingale, Blu Banyan CTO, speaker at the SunSpec Alliance technology leadership event, Gridvolution: The Electricity Grid in Evolution, part of the Global Climate Action Summit held in San Francisco, 12-14 September 2018.
SunSpec brought together key Distributed Energy Resource leaders to address the practical requirements of digital transformation, including the interoperability of energy asset data, using communications standards that leverage the Orange Button taxonomy and open-source code bases.
Panel themes included:
- Streamlining Financial Market Availability of DER Assets through Orange Button
- Writing Code, Establishing the Orange Button Developer Community
- Building the Digital Grid – CA Rule 21 and Interoperability
- Addressing Safety Mandates – Communication Interoperability Solutions for NEC 2017 Rapid Shutdown Compliance
- Cyber Security – Ensuring DER Systems on the Grid are Secure